What an amazing summer! Last night we stumbled in from a long weekend at the beach with my family and I’m telling you – we were exhausted! This morning as I sipped my coffee in relative tranquility I thought back over the last few months and could hardly believe all that has happened. Here are a few highlights:
- I attended my first EVER writers’ conference: The Arkansas Writers’ Conference. I even managed to win a few prizes for a short story or two.
- I had my first EVER book signing event in Nashville, TN and got to meet some amazing YA authors and a few fabulous fans.
- I went to UTOPYA! It’s a conference for “women who write paranormal YA books and the fans who love them.” This was epic and I already have my tickets for next year’s stellar event. Can. NOT. Wait!
- Traveled to Colorado on what turned out to be a grand adventure and spent the better part of a week working on the characters for my new book series.
- Went to camp for a week and met some of the most incredible teens you could ever know. A powerful reminder that many of our young people carry terribly heavy burdens on their beautiful shoulders.
- Spoke at the Arkansas Reading Association‘s annual leadership conference. Let me tell you, these girls ROCK! Love them!
- Record sales month! I nearly cried when the numbers passed the mark it would normally take me three months to reach. Amazing!
- Family vacation into the Smokey Mountains left me breathless. It was so relaxing and stunningly beautiful. I spent the week writing on book three of my Light Series just because it wouldn’t leave me alone.
- Came home and started our 5th year homeschooling and this year I have a freshman in high school. Wow!
- Invited to be part of the writing team for a local 48 hour Film Project team. We went from brainstorming to finished film in less than 48 hours and our film is already creating some local buzz. What an incredible experience!
- Quick weekend trip to Gulf Shores with my entire family. It was amazing!
So, now that my crazy amazing busy summer is over… What next? Well, here’s what I’m working on this fall:
- Finish writing book three in The Light Series, The Light Within.
- Begin work on the audio versions of The Light Series and The Wanderer Series.
- Possible book signings and conference appearances
(Watch my Events page for more details!)
- Finish up a contemporary romance story just in time for Christmas.
How about you? Was your summer incredible? What fabulous plans do you have for the fall? I can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to while I was away.